Thursday, February 20, 2014

Seasons Greetings,


I can’t believe that winter is already here and I have hardly even brought out my jacket. I’ve been trying to keep up with the weather for most of our loved ones and while I’ve always loved winter it is so amazing to be in a desert climate. All my life around this time of the year I’ve had to worry about shoveling snow, scraping ice off the windshield of a car, driving on ice and snow, expensive heating bills and as many of you know, cold hands, LOL. Now being in the desert its barely gotten below 40 degrees. Simply Amazing. 

I don’t pretend to brag about being in a warmer climate because I do really miss the snow and the Christmas tree farms but it is such a different feel to the Holiday season than I have ever been a part of.  

The one thing I’ve enjoyed a lot of this year is being in a house. Since our marriage, Traci and I have only ever been able to decorate for Christmas with a tree and the Christmas village my mother loved so dearly. While we still have those, living in a house has given me the chance to HANG CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Very few people know this is actually one of my favorite things to do around the holidays. 

As far as life in general, we  are still slowly adapting to the culture here in Tucson. We’ve become more aware of what is around us for entertainment, shopping, groceries and in the wonderful outdoors. There is still so much more to Tucson that we need to get around to visiting but its been a great adventure for the most part. 

Leyla is growing and growing and so is our love for her, as well as our patience. We have really enjoyed seeing the progress that she is making. I’ll save most of that update for Traci’s  corner but let me just say she surprises us more and more each day. 

 Blessings to you all,
Matt, Traci & Leyla

No comments:

Post a Comment