Saturday, June 7, 2014

We have some NEWS

Hey Everyone,

It’s been an eventful year indeed. This time last year my family and I had just begun taking this step in our ‘Ahavah Journey’ with Christ as we packed our bags and moved halfway across the country for the ministry. The excitement of moving from Bartlesville, OK to Tucson, AZ has worn off and it seems like time has changed so much more than we could have ever imagined.  We truly have been blessed this year, Praise Jesus!!!

Leyla has grown so much and it seems she is going to turn out more like me than her mother (those that knew me as a kid, know what that means, LOL). I often think to myself, ‘what was life before Leyla?’ While she has grown we have also grown and learned so much more about the Love Christ has for each of us. Because of Leyla I have a deeper understanding of ‘The Father’s Love’ for his people and for his church.  This understanding has lead me to begin writing more which is good for our book and for my song writing hobby. In fact I have just about finished a song I will be titling ‘The Father’s Love.’

In other News, for those of you that haven’t already figured it out, we have some exciting news…

WE’RE EXPECTING A BABY BOY!!!

Caleb Jeremiah will be making his  debut in October if the pregnancy continues to go well. We have already had several appointments and have heard the heart beat a few times already.
We are truly excited about this and the timing will be fantastic, 2 months after this child's arrival our little Leyla will be turning 2 years old. That in itself is a miracle and a blessing.
With that in mind, a while back we discovered that Leyla has a very extreme case of eczema that often makes her itch excessively. We have since found that 100% organic cotton clothing really helps. Her Joy and ours is still very present but we are really praying she will grow out of it.  We don’t want her to have to work though that the rest of her life. Well that’s all for now :-). 

Blessings to all,

Matt, Traci, Leyla & Caleb Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment